Tuesday 2 June 2015

DAY 60: HOW I DID NOT BECOME A MAY QUEEN

I was almost there.

I was told, May Queen must be delightful.
I am.

That she must be able to sit nobly and look sublime.
No problemo.

That she must be the beautifulest girl all around.
Check.

THEN I learnt she is supposed to have some kind of foliage on her brow.
Well, I am NOT wearing any vegetable behind my ears.
I shook it off at once.
It was a dandy-lion, they said.
Well, it was no lion, I can tell you that.
If it were, it would have been quite a different kind fun, to be sure!

And then they told me, I am not to be a May Queen this year. Maybe next year, when I am a GOOD DOG. Oh, well...

P.S. Dorotka tried too but she is too tiny, it seems. On the other hand she has the longest tongue on the whole meadow. Sure it must count for something!



P.P.S. You can tell that English version of my adventures is a bit behind the time. It is June now :-)
But do not worry, you will not miss anything, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment